KEMET, part of the YAGEO Group and leading global electronic components supplier, announces its new AAR80 series, an AEC-Q200 qualified aluminum rectangular capacitor, designed for automotive applications. It offers high capacitance, good ripple current capability, and robust vibration resistance. Rated at 105°C, the AAR80 offers good volumetric efficiency in a shape that lends itself to stacking into modules. The large surface area of the aluminum case with stainless steel shell, allows for easy use with a heat sink.
KEMET’s Aluminum Electrolytic Snap-In capacitors have been widely used on OBC as DC-Link Capacitor for stabilizing the Output PFC DC voltage. This new Rectangular AAR80 series brings same performance with additional space saving.
- Rated Voltage: 450 VDC
- Capacitance Range: 150 – 270 µF
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +105°C
- Life: 2,000 hours at +105°C [(VR) and (IR) applied]
- High vibration up to 20 g
- Rectangular shape for good volumetric efficiency, modular stacking, and ease of heat sinking
- AEC-Q200 qualified for automotive applications
- Good ripple current capability
- Excellent surge voltage capability
- Optimized designs available on request